Things you should know
- Franchise opportunities often hide fees and charges.
- Franchisors have to comply with a franchising code of conduct.
- Business and financial advice is recommended alongside legal advice, to ensure that sound financial decisions are made in relation to pursuing a franchise opportunity.
- It is important to decide your business structure before entering into a franchise.
- You need to understand the franchisors requirements of its franchises before entering into the franchise as sometimes the franchise can be a relatively illiquid asset and you must be prepared for a long term commitment.
- Franchises depend on the franchiser’s integrity and commitment for success – do you understand and know the background of the franchise and its history?
The Messner & Blunden Difference:
- We have experience providing advice for clients who have owned and operated a range of franchises in various industries.
- We provide commercially-sensible advice and understand the business structure of a franchise.
- We act for franchisors as well as franchisees.
Why would you need this service?
Do you want to buy and operate, or sell a franchise? If so, you should seek expert legal advice to ensure you understand the risks, benefits and challenges of such a business structure.